CNC Machinist-Set Up Machinist
- CNC lathes and mills-short run machining
- Can conduct basic set ups on CNC machining centers and/or turning centers
- Able to troubleshoot when things aren’t running correctly; understand regular preventative maintenance on machines
- Ability to utilize quality gauges and instruments, calipers, micrometers, CMMs, etc.
- Can read and understand blueprints for parts
- Integrates quality with the production process for superior parts production at all times
- Salary range: ideally targeting $22-$28/hr range, but will commensurate with experience
- Mori Seiki Vertical Machining Centers-These are four axis mills with the jobs being both 3 axis and 4 axis.
- Various lathes-Mori Haas Etc.
- We also have but are not required skills:
- Cylindrical grinders
- Thread grinders
- Centerless grinders
- Thread Rolling
- These are all G&M code machines.
- Tolerances are typical with tight keyway dimensions that may have a total tolerance of .0005” and also in many cases there are tight tolerances on runout.
- Set-ups per shift might be 0, 1,or 2
- Mostly most of the work we do are in the 10-50 pc range with occasional higher production qtys. That are much rarer. So definitely not cell work.
- Materials 4140 HT, 17-4 SS, 300 series SS, 440C, Tough Met, Mild Steel, Aluminum more.
Could become a lead role or supervisor-medium sized shop, good skilled team looking to add.
Benefits-health, dental 401k more
Waukesha County, WI
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com
2-4 years in CNC turning and milling set ups. short runs and technical schooling or training